Astrophoto Processing Files
Most beginners in astrophotography make the mistake of buying their first setup too soon. Two major parts of astrophotography are data acquisition and post-processing. And post-processing is something we all look into after investing in gears. It is a skill that only time can teach you. Only after hours of practice, you can hone the skill of post-processing.
So, here are some free resources for Astrophoto datasets:
- Astrobackyard: Data Acquisition by Trevor Jones. You will find datasets for following deep sky objects –
- Cocoon Nebula
- Lagoon Nebula
- Soul Nebula
- Andromeda Galaxy
- Astropix: Data Acquisition by Jerry Lodriguss. You will find datasets for following deep sky objects –
- Andromeda Galaxy
- Orion Nebula
- M46 and M47 Open Clusters
- M13 Globular Cluster
- Remote Astrophotography: Data Acquisition by Douglas Gardner. You will find a set of 20 datasets for images of galaxies.
- PhotographingSpace: Data Acquisition by Cory Schmitz.
- DPReview: Data Acquisition by Wei-Hao Wang.
Note: While posting your processed files, always give credits for data acquisition.
TelescopeLive is a new go-to for astrophotography and remote imaging. Observations are conducted from observatories situated in Australia, Spain, and Chile.
Interesting reads on Astrostatistics
Here are some research papers that you might find interesting:
- Astrostatistics in Canada
- A spectral series approach to high-dimensional non-parametric regression
- A Statistical method for estimating luminosity functions using truncated data.
- Big Universe, Big Data: Machine Learning and Image Analysis for Astronomy
- The Breakthrough Listen Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- Data Mining Challenges and Opportunities in Astronomy
- Galaxy Zoo: reproducing galaxy morphologies via machine learning
- Designing and Mining Multi-Terabyte Astronomy Archives: The Sloan Digital Sky Survey
- Machine learning algorithms in Astronomy
More resources will be added soon!